School is or will soon be in full swing. If your students are still looking for that unique pencil pouch, look no further. Just get a box of sandwich sized baggies with slider zipper tops and a roll of duct tape you will have enough to make pencil pouches for the whole class!
You will need:
Slider zipper sandwich bags
Duct tape in color of choice
Ruled cutting mat (optional)
1. Use the ruler to measure 3 ½” down from the top zipper line and mark with a sharpie marker across. Cut off this piece.
2. Cut two pieces of duct tape 7 ¾” each. (You can use an optional cutting mat with measurements if you have one) Apply the duct tape from the top zipper across. (See photo) Attach the other strip of duct tape directly under the first overlapping about 1/8”.
3. Turn over and repeat step 2 on the other side.
4. Cut another 7 ¾” piece of duct tape. Apply ½ to the bottom edge, fold and attach the rest to the opposite side to close the bottom and reinforce.
5. Cut two 3 ½” pieces of duct tape and do the same as in step 4 to each side edge to reinforce. Done!
6. Don’t stop here though, you can even purchase duct tape in sheets with backing paper to cut out letters, shapes, and more to personalize even further.