Thanksgiving will soon be here. Why not have some fun at your Thanksgiving celebration. This miniature pilgrim hat is quick and easy to make and since there are hair clips under the brim to hold it secure, wearing it is easy--and fun.
You will need:
Small black doll hat (available in craft stores)
Small piece of metallic print or solid cardstock
Ruler, tape measure
Tacky craft glue or hot glue gun and glue sticks
White colored pencil for marking on dark felt
Two metal spring type hair clips
1. Measure and cut a 1 ¼” square from the metallic cardstock. Measure ¼” inch around each side of the square creating a center square. Cut out. The opening will be a ¾” square. (See photo)
2. Measure the circumference around the hat. (Mine was about 11 inches)
3. Measure and cut a strip of felt ¾” x the circumference of the hat. Add a bead of tacky glue around the hat and attach the felt strip. Make sure it meets at each ends and trim if necessary.
4. Add some glue to the back of the Cardstock Square and attach over the felt strip. This will be the center front of the hat.
5. Using the white colored pencil make a mark along each underside of the hat to assure proper placement of the hair clips. Add some glue to the marks and attach the hair clips. Make sure you only glue the bottom of the clip to the hat so that it can open freely. You may have to hold the clip open until the glue sets.