We all enjoy masks on Halloween, so why not let our lollipops enjoy them too? As an added bonus, these lollipop masks double (when the lollipop is gone of course) as a cute ring!
You will need:
Round felt stickers (I used eyeballs)
¼” wide black elastic
Ex-acto or craft knife
Lollipops (I used blow pops)
Pen or pencil
1. You will need two round felt stickers for each mask/ring. If the motif has any dimensional felt applied peel it off of the one you delegate as the bottom. Only one side faces up. Make two marks across from each other with a pen or pencil on the back of the bottom felt motif. (See photo)
2. Cut a piece of ¼” elastic 3 inches long.
3. Cut through the slit marks you made on the back of one motif with an exacto or craft knife. Remove the backing from the motif you cut the slits in and using the end of a small, thin paintbrush push the elastic through the slits entering through the non-sticky side, fold and adhere each elastic end to the sticky surface. This is when you should measure to make sure the mask fits on your particular lollipop and pull through tighter or looser as needed.
|Measure your lolly|
4. Remove the backing from the other motif and attach to cover where you attached the elastic. Slide onto your lollipop. You may want to add a bit of tacky glue to further reinforce the bond.
5. When you have eaten the lollipop use the mask as a cute ring.
If you can't find the eyeball felt stickers in your area, don't fret. Simply cut two circles out of white felt and glue some wiggle eyes in the center. Draw red lines with a fine line sharpie and make the rings as instructed using the tacky glue to adhere the two pieces together.