Dress up your Halloween table with a sparkle spider. He will guard your goodies in style! Quick and easy sequined spider is a fun project to do while watching TV. This is a great group project too!
You will need:
2 ½” Styrofoam balls, each ball makes two spiders
Serrated steak knife
½” sequin pins
Gold and silver sequins
Two large red sequins
Tacky craft glue (other glues may dissolve the foam)
Chenille stems, in white/black striped and sparkle white
White colored pencil
1. Cut the Styrofoam ball in half using the serrated knife. Rub the two cut sides together to smooth out.
2. Place the cut circle on a piece of black felt and trace around with a white colored pencil. Cut out. Cut four 4-inch pieces of chenille stems from each color. Add a dab of glue on the ends of the cut stems. Insert into the bottom sides of the Styrofoam ball half alternating each color.
3. Add a generous amount of glue on the bottom of the ball half and attach the black felt. Trim any excess if necessary.
4. Begin adding the sequins. Add some tacky glue to each area as you work smoothing with your finger. Insert the sequin pin through the hole in the sequin and push into the Styrofoam. Continue until you have covered almost the entire piece. Add two larger red sequins on the lower front for the eyes. (See photo)
5. Bend the chenille stems to form the legs and display your spider on your holiday tables.