Don't throw away that top from the iced tea container, make a recycled drink top lucky shamrock magnet instead and save the planet! I always save throwaway objects. And the drink tops that come on iced tea containers are great for crafting. You can buy shamrock coins in gold or green at the craft store and it fits perfectly in the center. This recycled magnet is a quick and easy craft that will brighten up your fridge for St. Patrick's Day or any day of the year.
This makes a great group craft for Girl Scouts or church groups. Make one or make a bunch, it's fun and easy.
· Drink lid from an Iced tea jug
· Green or gold shamrock coins
· Adhesive backed magnetic sheet
· Tacky glue, glue gun and glue sticks or E6000 glue whichever you prefer
· Green string beads
1. Wash and dry your drink lid. Place the drink lid on the adhesive back magnetic sheet and trace around with a pen. Cut out, remove the paper backing and attach to top of the drink lid. (The top will be the back when it’s a magnet)
2. Add some glue to the inside center of the drink lid and attach a shamrock coin.
3. Run a bead of glue around the inside rim of the lid and attach a piece of green string beads all around. Use tweezers to get it straight if necessary. Let the glue dry. (See photo)
4. Run a bead of glue around the outside edge of the lid and add a piece of green string beads all around. Let the glue dry.