You can easily create this cute little Frozen inspired clothespin doll. All you need is a little ribbon, clothespin with stand and a dowel cap. Add a snowflake button or charm and some yarn for the hair and she will be ready to display throughout the holidays. Its all glued together so it works up so quickly you will be amazed!
Clothespin (for doll making)
Large dowel cap to fit over the clothespin
5/8” teal colored grosgrain ribbon
5/8” sparkle teal colored ribbon
Scraps of heavy variegated yellow/white yarn (you can substitute lt. yellow if you want)
White sparkle chenille stem
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Small snowflake button or charm
Silver Bowdabra bow wire - Bowdabra bow wire is easy on the hands and is useful for so many projects!
1. Cut the chenille stem 8” long. Fold in half and attach in the center of the neck of the clothespin with some hot glue.
2. Wrap each side around, gluing as you go to the front. You will create a scarf on the neck and two arms. Make sure the arms are even on both sides.
3. Cut eight strips of the teal grosgrain ribbon 4” long and six 4” strips from the sparkle ribbon.
4. Begin gluing each strip of grosgrain ribbon right under the scarf working your way around the clothespin.
5. After you have added all the grosgrain ribbon strips, add the sparkle strips starting at the side of the clothespin, around the back and end on the opposite side.
6. Glue the dowel cap onto the top of the clothespin for the head.
7. Gather a few lengths of yarn and glue to the top of the head and slightly down one side. Braid the yarn and tie with Bowdabra silver bow wire.
8. Add the snowflake to the center and adjust the arms. Fan out the dress and stand up to display.
If you like this quick and easy tutorial, please visit Bowdabrablog for hundreds more free craft tutorials!