Today we have a fun little ghost magnet tutorial. The kids will just love how this little ghost wiggles when you tap him. They will especially love how he glows in the dark!
We create him using thin foam from an egg carton or meat tray. This foam is so great since it has a soft thickness. Cover the prepared ghost shape with glow in the dark duct tape; add the eyes, and magnet to finish. Keep him on the fridge or any metal surface.
Foam from an egg carton or meat tray
Scissors (kid’s craft)
Craft knife (optional for adults only)
Glow in the dark duct tape
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
1. First, download and print the ghost pattern and transfer to the foam. Cut the shape out with scissors.
2. Next, place the pattern on a cutting board or other removable surface. Cut two small pieces of the duct tape and apply to the arm areas. (This way there will only be seams on the arms)
3. After you add the tape on his arms, place a large piece of tape all the way down the body of the ghost.
4. Now you can either use a craft knife to cut around the tape, or, if you are making this project with kids, remove him and use the scissors to cut all around the tape. Fold any excess to the back.
5. Next, turn the ghost to the back and cover him with the duct tape as you did on the front. This time cut the duct tape flush with the edges.
Add the spring and magnet
6. Now to finish, add the magnet. For the purpose of wiggling you will have to make a wire spring. First wind a piece of wire around a pencil to curl about ½”. Then, remove the wire from the pencil. Use a hot glue gun to attach the curled wire to the back of the ghost. Next, use the hot glue to attach the other end of the wire to the heavy-duty magnet. Let the glue dry.
7. For the final touch, use the glue gun to attach two wiggle eyes on the front.
8. Attach the ghost to any metal surface and whenever you slightly tap him he will wiggle for a bit. Turn off the lights and watch him dance in the dark!