I know its only August but I already have autumn on my brain. This cute and super easy turkey is created quick and easy with a silk flower-- so you can make a bunch. They are super pins but also look great decorating the holiday table. And wouldn’t they make a great teacher gift?
You will need:
Fall mum silk flower with brown center disc
Small scraps of bump chenille stems, yellow, and red
2-inch piece of regular brown chenille stem
Two wiggle eyes
Tacky glue or glue gun and glue sticks
2-inch pin back
1. Remove the silk mum from the stem. Cut off any protruding pieces on the back so that it will be flat.
2. Cut the petals off of the bottom half of the mum leaving about an inch intact.
3. Snip off the thin end a yellow bump chenille stem (about ¼ this will be the beak”) and attach to the top center of the center disc with some glue.
4. Cut a piece of brown chenille stem 2 inches and wind into a circle. Add a bit of glue right over where you just added the yellow beak and attach the brown chenille circle.
5. Cut another end of a red bump chenille stem and glue to the side of the yellow beak for a waddle. Glue on two wiggle eyes above the beak.
6. Cut two ½” pieces of yellow chenille stem and bend each one to form feet. Glue on each side of the brown disc bottom. (see photo) Let all the glued areas dry completely. When dry attach a 2” pin back to the back if you want to use it as a brooch. Leave it alone for a table decoration.