Spiders as a rule, to me-- are rather creepy. This one is cute though, and not creepy at all. Its not too early to think about fall decorating and wouldn't a few of these look cute on your Halloween table? This is a perfect kid’s craft too!
For each spider you will need:
One black used K-Cup washed and filter removed
White colored pencil
Scrap of black fun fur
Two wiggle eyes
Small pointed scissors
Tacky craft glue
Red rhinestone any shape (optional)
1. Cut the upper lip off of the K- cup with the small scissors. Using a ruler measure 5/8” sections around outside of K-Cup. Make hash marks with the white colored pencil.
2. Using the hash marks as a guide cut sections just to ¼” from the bottom with the small scissors.
3. You will have eight spokes (legs) around. Bend each leg back towards the base. (See photo)
4. Bend each leg end about ¼” the opposite direction. Cut each leg to a triangle at the ends. (Your spider stands)
5. Cut two circles the diameter of the bottom of the K-cup from the black fun fur. Add a dab of tacky glue on the inside bottom and attach one of the fun fur circles. Glue the other fun fur circle on the top. Squirt two dots of glue on the side of the spider and add two wiggle eyes. Let dry. Trim any excess fun fur from the top and glue a red rhinestone in the center. (Optional)
Linking to Todays creative blog and many more...see sidebar