We all love to get an Easter basket and just because we are no longer in grade school doesn’t mean we should have to forget it. Recycle a paper coffee cup and corrugated coffee sleeve to craft a cute little Easter basket. (Sort of) You can fill with some Easter grass small candies or why not some mini coffees or K-cups for your favorite coffee lover.
You will need:
Paper corrugated coffee cup sleeve
Paper coffee cup, rinsed and dried
Spring print felt
Easter felt rabbit or egg shapes (available at any craft store)
Tacky craft glue
Two clothespins (for holding the sleeve while the glue dries)
1. Before taking apart the sleeve make a line with a marker on the inside where the two ends meet. (This will help with reassembly) Note which side is on top.
2. Carefully take apart the sleeve and lay on top of a piece of spring print felt. Use the pencil to trace around the sleeve on the unprinted side of the felt making sure that the printed side will fit correctly on the outside of the sleeve. Add a ¼” extra felt on the end that will be glued to the top of the sleeve.
3. Cut out the felt piece. Add a generous amount of glue on the outside of the sleeve and attach the felt piece, leaving the extra ¼” unglued. Let dry.
4. Use some tacky glue to add the seasonal felt shapes to the felt making sure you do not place any on any fold lines. Let dry.
5. Use the inside guide line to reattach the sleeve with some tacky glue. Glue down the ¼” extra felt to cover the seam. Use two clothespins to hold the sleeve until it is completely dry.
6. Put the decorated coffee sleeve on recycled coffee cup and fill with Easter grass. Add some small coffee packs or K-cups on top and a few coffee flavored jellybeans or candies if desired. It's fun to make more than one.