Adult coloring books are all the rage these days, but why stop there when you can create a coloring photo frame? This coloring photo frame costs basically nothing to make since you are using some recycled corrugated cardboard and an original hand drawn celebration coloring page you can download right here!
Coloring reduces stress and sparks creativity and serenity. Father’s Day is right around the corner and this frame is so easy to make. Add a small photo to the frame and give it to dad as a gift. It makes a great birthday gift as well! So simple to make kids will love to make several for their friends.
Lighter weight cardboard (cereal boxes are a great source)
Tacky craft glue
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Optional- magnets for a magnetic frame
1. Download and free printable coloring party page.
2. Cut a piece of cardboard to 5” x 7”.
3. Measure 2” down from the top and bottom and draw a line across. Measure and mark 1 ½” from each side and draw a line down. In the center where the photo goes the opening will be 2” x 3”. Cut out the center rectangle.
4. Turn the coloring page to the back and place the cardboard frame on top. Trace around and trace the center.
5. Measure ½” outside the lines you made around the edges the frame lines all around. Measure ½” all around the inside of the center rectangle of the frame. (See photo) This extra margin will be used to attach the coloring page to the frame. Cut out the inside center rectangle only leaving the extra ½”.
6. Liberally add the glue from the glue stick all around the cardboard frame, and attach to the backside of the coloring page lining it up with the lines you made. (See photo)
7. Cut slits all around the coloring page in the center of the frame and fold to the back attaching with some Tacky glue.
8. Cut slits all around the outside of the frame and fold to the back gluing with tacky glue as you go around.
9. Cut a 5” x 7” piece of lighter weight cardboard and using hot glue attach to the back of the frame on the three sides only leaving the top unglued. (This is where you will slide in your photo.
10. To make a stand from corrugated cardboard make sure the ribs are facing up. Measure a rectangle 1 ½” at the top and 3” at the bottom. Cut out. Measure down 1 ½” from the top of the stand and mark a line across. Use a stylus to slightly follow the line and bend. Attach to the back of the frame with some more hot glue. You can optionally use magnets so that you can attach it to any metal surface.