Did you know that you could use one of those forgotten and tossed aside CD’s to make this adorable angel!
Use this adorable angel on your tree and watch the colors of the room dance and flash every time the light hits them. Or you can use the angel as an extra package decoration on your presents as an extra little gift!
All you need to create this angel is a wood-burning tool (think summer camp) or hot stencil cutter and a piece of glass from an old picture frame.
Adorable angel from an old CD
Wood-burning tool or hot stencil cutter mutlti-tool
Glass from old picture frame (to work on)
Gold acrylic paint
1. Download and print the angel pattern pieces. After you print the angel pattern cut out all the pieces and use them to trace around the front with the sharpie marker on the printed side of the Cd. For each angel cut one body piece, one wings piece, and two hand pieces. Turn one hand piece over so that it faces the opposite direction. When you put them together they will look like they are praying.
2. After you transfer all the patterns on the CD place it on the piece of glass. Using the wood-burning tool carefully go around, cutting each piece. Work slowly and let the tool do the work. After you have completely gone around the pattern the piece will easily pop out. Continue until you have all the pieces ready.
3. First place some glue along the bottom edge of the wings and attach to the back of the body. Next, use a small amount of glue to attach the hands on each side. Let the glue dry.
4. After the glue has set, make a ring with the wire and use some glue to attach to the back of the head for the halo.
5. Then set the angel aside till all the glue dries completely.
6. Finally, Apply two coats of gold acrylic paint to the back of the angel letting it dry between coats.
7. Enjoy your adorable angel!