Spiders as a rule, to me-- are rather creepy. This one is cute though, and not creepy at all. Its not too early to think about fall decorating and wouldn't a few of these look cute on your Halloween table? This is a perfect kid’s craft too!
For each spider you will need:
One black used K-Cup washed and filter removed
White colored pencil
Scrap of black fun fur
Two wiggle eyes
Small pointed scissors
Tacky craft glue
Red rhinestone any shape (optional)
1. Cut the upper lip off of the K- cup with the small scissors. Using a ruler measure 5/8” sections around outside of K-Cup. Make hash marks with the white colored pencil.
2. Using the hash marks as a guide cut sections just to ¼” from the bottom with the small scissors.
3. You will have eight spokes (legs) around. Bend each leg back towards the base. (See photo)
4. Bend each leg end about ¼” the opposite direction. Cut each leg to a triangle at the ends. (Your spider stands)
5. Cut two circles the diameter of the bottom of the K-cup from the black fun fur. Add a dab of tacky glue on the inside bottom and attach one of the fun fur circles. Glue the other fun fur circle on the top. Squirt two dots of glue on the side of the spider and add two wiggle eyes. Let dry. Trim any excess fun fur from the top and glue a red rhinestone in the center. (Optional)
Linking to Todays creative blog and many more...see sidebar
cute spider, you're right it's time to start thinking of fall!ReplyDelete
so so cute.. new follower!ReplyDelete
I just pinned this - so cute! I can see making this out of different sized cups, too. I don't have any of the fabric you used, but a yarn pom pon would work, wouldn't it?ReplyDelete
A pom pom would work wonderfully Nancy! Great substitution. :-)ReplyDelete
Cute ! Hopped over from Flamingotoes.ReplyDelete
This is very cute!!!! Love him ;o)ReplyDelete
So cute, this is great fall project for kids.ReplyDelete
If you get a chance come link up your tutorial at my Pin Party.
This is so cute and perfect for Halloween (which seems to be coming faster than I ever imagined!). Love it.ReplyDelete
Such a cute idea! Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday!ReplyDelete
Awe to cute! Pinning this into my Halloween board for the future ;) Thanks so much for linking this up to our weekend Wonders party. Hope to see you back on Thursday :)ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for linking this great project up to the Pinworthy Projects Party over at Just Us Four!ReplyDelete
This is so clever! I love reading your blog :)ReplyDelete