Is it a herd of horses proclaiming Graduation, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or even a special birthday? These three dimensional table greetings are always a welcome surprise for the recipient. I used horses but there are all sorts of pre-cut animals, people and shapes that you can use to create a one of a kind table greeting.
Note: I emboss on a piece of cardboard that has a lip around the edge making it easier to replace the unused embossing powder back in the jar. Alternately you can shake the embossing powder on top of a piece of paper that you can fold a corner to replace it back in the jar.
You will need:
Pre-cut cardboard horses (They come with 12 in a package in craft stores) There are many styles to choose from and you can also use other shapes or animals
Embossing stamp pad
Black embossing powder
Embossing heat gun
(3) ½” width wooden bead for each 3-D horse, animal, or shape (For larger shapes you will need bigger bead)
Stamp with appropriate greeting or words (ex: birthday, thinking of you, graduation, etc.)
Scrap cardboard to work on
Glue gun and glue sticks
1. Working on a piece of cardboard or paper, load your stamp on the embossing stamp pad. Stamp the image horizontally across the shape. Tap off any excess embossing powder and replace in the jar.
2. Place the prepared shape on a piece of cardboard and using the embossing heat gun, emboss the entire piece. Note: Be careful when embossing, embossing guns are extremely hot!!
3. Turn the other piece to the opposite side so that they line up. When you put them together the embossed sides should be facing the outside. Repeat the stamping and embossing on the second shape.
4. After you have embossed both pieces turn one over on the un-embossed side and with a glue gun attach a three beads, spacing around the shape. (See photo)
|Side view with both pieces attached
5. Immediately add some hot glue to the beads themselves, and place the second embossed shape on top making sure they line up. The figure will stand. (See photo)