If you’re like me you have a lot of those magnetic advertising and announcements (Some of them quite large) that come in the mail, etc. A few promote dated events like football and baseball schedules. You’re not going to throw them out are you? It’s super easy to remove the advertising part and replace it with a cutout of your favorite pet. Display them on the fridge, lockers or anything metal.
You will need:
· · Magnetic advertising sheets
· · Printer and paper
· · Scissors
· · Small cuticle type scissors
· · Double-faced mounting adhesive sheet
· · Bowl or sink full of warm water
· Paper towels
1. Gather your supplies. Fill a sink or large bowl with warm water. Place the magnetic advertising sheets into the water and soak for a few minutes. Begin peeling off the paper. After you peel the larger pieces of paper off, use a rubbing motion to remove the rest. Dry off the magnetic sheet with paper towels. (The kids will love to help with this step!) Use rubbing motion to remove the rest. Dry off the magnetic sheet with paper towels.
2. Print your chosen photos on all-purpose printer paper.
3. Peel one side off the double-faced sheet and apply your photos. Smooth down with fingers. (the opposite side will still have backing paper.)
4. Remove the backing paper from the photos revealing a sticky surface and apply to the magnet. Make sure you apply it to the side your where you removed the advertising.
5. Use the small cuticle or decoupage scissors to carefully cut around the shape of your pet photos. You can apply it to any magnetic surface like fridges, locker, etc.
Note: People photos are fun too!!