Halloween is just plain fun. We get to play dress up no matter what age we are. We go to parties and there is candy--lots of candy. These easy to whip up candy bar wrappers dress up a full sized Crunch bar or Hershey bar for a fun party favor or any special trick or treater! Make a Frankenbar and/or pumpkinbar sleeve and just slide in your candy bar. Easy and inexpensive, so gather the kids and have a family craft night!
You will need:
· Scrapbook paper, green stripes, orange circles, and black
· Glue stick
· Tacky craft glue
· Zig-zag paper edgers
· Circle paper punch
· Square paper punch
· Crunch full sized candy bar or regular full sized Hershey bar
· Halloween wiggle eyes
· Black dimensional fabric paint
1. To make the Franken-bar wrapper cut a piece of green striped scrapbook paper 5 ½” x 5 ½”. Wrap around the candy bar pressing lightly on the edges. This will slightly mark where the front of the candy bar will be.
2. Measure and cut a 2 ¼” x 1 ¼” rectangle from the black scrapbook paper. Trim the edge with the zig-zag paper edgers. (Frank’s bangs) Rub the glue stick on the bangs and attach to the top center of the prepared sleeve using the creases you made as a guide. (See photo)
3. Punch out two circles from the paper punch. Attach the two circles with the glue stick on the front of the sleeve. (See photo for placement) Use some tacky glue to glue on Halloween wiggle eyes leaving a little bit of the black paper above to represent the eyebrows. Draw a wiggly line under the eyes with the dimensional fabric paint for a mouth and let dry completely.
4. When all the glue and paint is dry, attach the edges together with the glue stick and slide in your candy bar.
To make the Pumpkin sleeve:
Follow steps 1 and 2 except use the orange circle scrapbook paper for the sleeve and the green striped paper for the bangs.
Follow with step 3 but substitute the square paper punch with the black paper to make your pumpkin’s eyes. Attach the wiggle eyes leaving some black paper showing above like you did on the Franken-bar sleeve. Repeat step 4 to finish.