Use an old zipper to make a new charm bracelet. This is a great teen or tween crafting idea. This is such a simple project that is terrific to make during those snow days when there is nothing to do. I’ve used word charms but you can use any sort of charms you like. For a super upcycle, you can remove a zipper from an old piece of clothing or just purchase a new zipper.
7-inch metal zipper
Oval jump rings
Large crimp bead for clasp
Lobster claw clasp
Medium jump rings
Charms of choice
Lighter or stop fray fabric glue
Needle nosed pliers
1. Cut the fabric close to the zipper with scissors. Use the lighter to run over the edges to keep it from fraying, or you can use stop fray fabric glue and let it dry.
2. Using the needle nosed pliers attach the crimp bead fro the clasp to the non-opening end of the zipper. Squeeze it tightly.
3. Open a large round jump ring twisting to open rather than pulling apart. Add to the crimp bead and then add the lobster claw clasp. Close the jump ring, twist to close.
4. Add a second jump ring to the zipper pull.
5. Using oval jump rings twist to open and add the desired charm. Attach to the zipper and twist back to close. Continue adding charms down the length of the zipper.