Don’t you think this little pumpkin pocket candy favor is adorable? And they are so quick and easy to make you will have a whole pumpkin patch in no time!
Simply add small candies and add to your table or even for the trick or treaters. I usually make little treat bags for Halloween and they are always a hit.
Don’t stop with candies because this little pumpkin pocket candy favor isn’t just for candy. Be creative and fill with small jewelry items, folded dollar bills and more.
Bowdabra bow wire
Scrapbook paper in color and print of choice (white on one side)
Bone folder (or dried ink pen)
Piece of corrugated cardboard
Tacky craft glue
Wiggle eyes in two sizes
Small scrap of black felt
8 inches 5/8” satin Halloween ribbon
Large dark sequin or rhinestone (optional)
1. First cut your scrapbook paper to fit your printer and make sure the white side is the side that you will print on. You may, however, alternately print the pattern and transfer it to your scrapbook paper. Now using your home printer, download and print the pattern.
2. Then cut out your pumpkin pocket candy favor pattern. After you’ve cut out your pocket, place on a piece of corrugated cardboard. Then, use the ruler and a bone folder to score all the fold lines. Next fold the pocket.
3. So now glue the pocket together with the tacky glue. Glue the right side flap to the left side tab. Then glue the bottom on top.
4. To finish your pocket place and glue on two eyes (I used two different sizes) a small circle and triangle of felt. Finally, glue on two 1” piece thin strips of felt for eyebrows. Set aside.
5. To make the bow cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 12” long, fold in half and place into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
6. Cut an 8” piece of 7/8” satin ribbon. Run a lighter quickly on the ends to seal the ribbon. (Mine was double sided) Fold in half to find the center and place into the Bowdabra with the wrong side facing up.
7. Bring the right side around and make a loop at the 1 ½” mark and insert into the Bowdabra. Make a matching loop on the opposite side.
8. To finish the bow, insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Now remove the bow from the Bowdabra, separate the ends, turn to the back and tie a knot. Clip the wires short. And glue the bow onto the front of the pumpkin. Add a dark sequin or rhinestone with some more glue to the center of the bow. (See photo)
9. Fill your pumpkin pocket candy favor with small candy or treat.