It’s no secret that I love to use recycled materials in craft projects. Brown bags are one of my favorites. Make this indian corn pin for yourself or use it for a wonderful teacher gift. And the best part is that you create the dimensional base from a simple brown bag.
You will need:
E sized seed beads, yellow, red, white and brown
Tacky craft glue
Needle and thread
Small amount of tan crepe paper
9 inches of ribbon in choice of color
Small amount of poly-fill
1. Draw an oval shape on some lightweight cardboard to make a pattern. (Approximately 2” x 2 ¾”) Trace and cut two of these oval shapes from brown bag.
2. Spread some glue all around the edges leaving the top unglued and press together. Use a clothespin to hold together until the glue sets. Let dry. When it is dry use a pencil to open the inside and fill with poly-fill. Add a bit of glue to the top area to close and press together. Hold with the clothespin till set.
3. Thread a needle and some thread and knot the end large enough to hold the seed beads. (It helps to lay your beads on a piece of felt to prevent rolling) Begin adding seed beads alternating the colors, predominately yellow. Measure across the brown bag base and when it fits, add a line of glue and attach the string of beads. Clip ends.
4. Continue adding bead strings across working your way down until you reach the bottom. Let the glue dry.
5. Cut a 5” x 5” piece of crepe paper. Cut some triangular slits in one side of the crepe paper. Gather the top edge (the edge with the slits) 1 ½”down from the top and tie with a piece of thread. Place the corn inside the crepe paper with the 1 ½” portion at the top. Gather around the side and glue the excess to the back. Let dry.
6. When all the glue has dried cut a 9” piece of ribbon and tie in a bow at the top. Attach a pin to the back\ with some tacky glue.
This is just too cute:)ReplyDelete
Πολυ καλο μπραβο!!!!ReplyDelete
There is a lot of detail in this! Excellent!ReplyDelete
So cute... I love fall jewelry!ReplyDelete
Great idea!!! I'm going to try this with Kindergarteners so I will use just beads and glue them on the paper.ReplyDelete
This really made me giggle for some reason. so cute!! :)ReplyDelete
This is really cute! I am going to have to try it!ReplyDelete
How cute! Love it! Thank you for sharing at ourReplyDelete
This is such a cute idea! New follower too :)ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for linking up your wonderful recycled brown bag indian corn pin in our weekly Crafty Showcase. Your item was our #1 most clicked crafty link! We are featuring you today in our Feature Friday post. We will also feature you on our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest post today.ReplyDelete
Thanks for being in our Feature Friday Bowdabra Pinterest Board! Don't forget to pin your craft ideas :)
thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete