What do you like to do for St. Patrick’s Day? Do you eat corned beef and cabbage? Do you wear your lucky green? Well I don’t know anything that is greener than than a dollar bill so why don’t you surprise the kids and fold it into a cute little container (aka pot of gold) that will hold a quarter quite nicely. It doesn’t stand but you can lean it upright or just hold it in the palm of your hand. Make sure you use a crisp dollar bill and I like to use a butter knife or popsicle stick to run over the creases to make them sharp. Although I made mine for St. Patrick's Day, these little quarter holders are perfect any time of the year!
You will need:
Dollar bill (Crisp one)
Butter knife or popsicle stick
1. Fold the dollar bill in half from left to right. Note: Run a butter knife or popsicle stick over all the folds to make sure the creases are sharp.
2. Fold the open edge border area including just a bit of the green. (See photo)
3. Fold from one corner to the other to make a triangle shape. Turn so the point is facing up.
4. Fold down one corner to make a crease and open back up.
5. Fold one corner over to the left using the crease line as a guide.
6. Fold the opposite side over to the right side.