It’s allergy season and who doesn’t carry some extra tissues with them? Follow this tutorial and you can easily make a duct tape tissue holder to carry those tissues. This tissue holder is so simple to fold using easy origami folds and duct tape.
Duct tape comes in a myriad of colors and patterns do you can find one to fit your very own style. You will want to make one in several colors and patterns!
Duct tape in your choice of colors
Sheet of printer paper
Pocket pack tissues
Plastic cutting mat
Xacto or craft knife
1. Cut a piece of printer paper 7 ½” x 7 ½”.
2. It’s easy to work on a cutting mat where you can measure and cut the duct tape. You can use scissors to cut the tape, but it is easier to cut the duct tape with a ruler and craft knife directly on the mat. Cut several strips of duct tape 8 inches long. Begin to cover the paper square. Continue to add strips of duct tape to the square until you completely cover the side. Turn it over and cover the opposite side. Trim up any excess duct tape.
3. Fold the duct tape covered square diagonally. Run your finger over the crease.
4. Open the square and fold the left edge over about halfway.
5. Fold the point back to the left lining up the seam with the center fold line.
6. Fold the right side back over the first point and crease.
7. Fold the point over to the right and line up the crease with the center line like you did on the other side. Turn over.
8. Fold the two overlapping points on each side to the back.
9. Fold the top and bottom points to the back as well and crease.
10. I like to put a tiny piece of duct tape to hold the points on the back until the final piece of duct tape is applied. (I’ve used a different color so you can see)
11. Cut two pieces of 4 ½” long duct tape and attach to the back to finish and secure the tissue holder. Turn over for the pocket area.