Halloween will be here before you know it and you can have this fun glitter cat Halloween mask ready to wear in no time!
You only need a few supplies to create this glitter cat Halloween mask. And the kids will have fun helping.
You can use this mask to accentuate a cat costume or simply wear it alone for just a touch of sparkle when you are handing out the candy to the kiddies!
Thick tacky glue
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Two colors of glitter, I used greens but any colors you choose would be great.
1. The first thing you need to do is to protect you work surface with newspaper or a piece of cardboard. I apply the glitter with a square of corrugated cardboard that has a ½” lip folded all around. This way I can add the glitter and tap the excess glitter back into the container from the corner.
2. Now draw two ears on a piece of scrap mat board. It doesn’t matter what color since you will be covering it with glitter. Use the scissors to cut the ears out and attach to each corner of the mask with some hot glue.
3. Next choose your glitter main color. Then apply a thick coating of tacky glue all around the mask and on the ears. Sprinkle on the glitter. Set aside and let dry a bit before you add the contrasting color glitter.
4. So now that the main glitter has dried a bit heat up your glue gun. The beads of glue from the glue gun will make the glitter outlines a bit more dimensional. Using the glue gun run a bead all around the eyes, ears, and the edges, and wherever you'd like more dimension. Add the contrasting color glitter as you go. (Work in sections since the hot glue dries quickly) Finally set it aside to let it dry completely.
5. To finish and to make sure the glitter sets and doesn’t fall off, lightly spray with a clear varnish. (Make sure you are working outside or with proper ventilation.
6. Finally, attach the elastic and enjoy wearing your glitter cat Halloween mask