School will soon be coming to an end and the kids will want to come up with a unique teacher gift. You can go out and buy something or a gift card always works, but still, your child may want to make something that come from the heart.
This little mini blackboard teacher gift is so easy to make with a throwaway take out container. As long as there is a number 6 in the little triangle on the container you can shrink it in a home oven to become 1/3 of the size and hard. It makes a great little personalized gift tag, key ring, or even a brooch. And what is best is that this teacher gift can be extra special with names, dates, and more.
Shrinkable take out containers come in white or black but you will need the black one for this project. So let’s get started…
|look for the number |
Black take-out container marked with number 
White gel marker
Cookie sheet lined with foil
Optional – jump ring, key ring, and needle nosed pliers
1. Use the top or bottom portion of the container. Measure and cut a rectangle 4” x 3”.
2. If you are going to use it as a tag or key ring, punch a hole in one of the corners with a hole punch
3. Next, Have your child write a message on the rectangle. You can write to: teacher’s name. You can write a thank you message. Your child can sign his or her name so the sky is the limit.
4. Then make some curlicues or design all around the edges.
5. Now, line a cookie sheet with foil. Place your prepared piece in a 300-degree oven for about 5 minutes or until the blackboard has shrunk and is relatively flat.
6. Remove from the oven (be careful so an adult should do this part) and immediately use a spatula to flatten the blackboard. Let it cool and it will be hard and thicker.
7. To make it into a key ring, use the needle nosed pliers to open a jump ring by twisting rather than pulling apart. Insert through the hole and then close the jump ring with the same twisting motion. Attach a key ring.
You are so creative Crystal! Thank you!ReplyDelete