It's July and the perfect time to start your Christmas crafting. Start saving those K-cups and by the time Christmas rolls around you will have enough to decorate the whole tree. So let's get crafting
K-Cup style with Christmas up-style K-Cup crafts. Grab the kids and some glue and get crafting.
You will need:
White K-Cup cleaned with filter removed
Snowflake paper punch
1/8” hole punch
Tiny hole punch
Ruler, scissors, pencil
Crystal sparkle dimensional fabric pant
6 inches gold thread for hanging
Silver, gold or pearl beads
Scrap of white felt
1. Cut the top off of the K-cup.
2. Remove the top lip of the K-cup with the scissors.
3. Using the ruler, measure 3/4” increments making hash marks with the pencil around the top of the K-cup.
4. Use the pencil marks as a guide and cut slits almost to the base of the K-Cup. Bend each section down with your fingers.
5. Use the snowflake paper punch bottom side up so you can place it properly. Center and punch out a snowflake on each section. Continue by making holes with the 1/8” and tiny punches on each segment. Cut the edges at an angle to slightly round. (See photo) You can save the punched plastic snowflakes in an envelope and include as confetti with your Christmas cards!
6. After you have punched each section, line each one with a bead of Crystal sparkle dimensional fabric paint and let dry.
7. Snip off the raised area so that it will be flat in the middle. This is where you will add your photo. Print out a photo on your computer or use a school photo. Trim the photo to fit the center of the snowflake and attach with a bit of tacky glue. Glue some mini faux pearls around the photo for added bling. Cut a circle of white felt to fit the back and adhere with a bit of tack glue. Attach a piece of gold thread through a punched hole in one of the segments for hanging.
|Save the punched snowflakes as confetti to add to cards and letters|