Since Christmas the top craft tutorial that everyone is asking me for is anything made with a recycled K-cup, and as always I aim to please. All it takes is an empty K-cup to make this cute little leprechaun hat to decorate your table or other small area. They are easy enough to make a bunch and you can even use them as party favors filled with small candies.
You will need:
K-cup washed and filter removed
Shamrock foam sticker
Heavy cardboard or mat board (I have scraps of mat board lying around and that is what I used)
Scrap of gold ribbon or cord
Compass with pencil
1. Draw a circle 1 ½” circle with the compass on the cardboard and cut out.
2. Place the K-cup top side down and trace around in the center of the cut out circle. Cut this circle out inside the line so it will be a bit smaller than the diameter of the K-cup.
3. Place the ring around the cup and push down to the bottom edge to form a brim.
4. Spread some tacky glue on the entire K-cup and cover with the green glitter. Let dry. Cover the brim with glue and sprinkle glitter on it as well. Let dry. Turn over and repeat the glue and glitter on the inside of the brim. Let dry.
5. Cut a 6-inch piece of gold cord or ribbon and glue around the hat. (see photo)
6. When the ribbon has dried, attach a Shamrock foam sticker over the seam where the ribbon meets. Glue a small jewel or miniature coin in the center of the shamrock.