If you are dressing your little girl up in a Frozen costume this year why not make a little snowflake wand for her? It’s easy and it is so much fun. Many stores already put out the Christmas ornaments or you can order online. I have included several optional steps that you may or may not choose to use on your wand.
You will need:
Approximately 3 feet of 2 ¼” wide sheer silver wired ribbon
Sparkle snowflake ornament
Four mini icicle ornaments (Optional step)
Plastic straw (Blue works out well but you can cover it if you don’t have a blue one)
Scraps of white sparkle felt (optional)
Glue of choice, glue gun and glue sticks …or tacky craft glue
Bowdabra mini Bowmaker with ruler
Bowdabra silver bow wire
(Ribbon measurements are approximate and are flexible)
1. Gather your supplies. Put a dab of glue on the end of the skewer. Attach the 20-inch piece of wired ribbon. Begin twisting the ribbon onto the skewer all the way down to the end wrapping as you go. Attach a dab of glue to hold the end in place.
2. Cut a 1 ½” piece of the plastic straw. Add some glue and place in the center of the snowflake. (Back of wand) Add some more glue to the tip of the wrapped skewer and insert into the straw. Set aside while the glue dries.
3. If you didn’t use a blue straw and you want to cover it, cut a small rectangle of white sparkle felt and cut the bottom corner as an angle. Add some glue and attach over the straw.
4. Make the Bow.
5. Cut an 18 inch piece of Bowdabra silver bow wire, fold in half and insert into the mini Bowmaker with ruler.
6. Using about 18 inches of the silver wired ribbon place one end into the Bowmaker to the 3-inch line.
7. Make loop at the 2-inch line on the opposite side
8. Make a matching loop on the other side
9. End with a tail at the 3-inch line. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
10. Insert the two loose ends of bow wire through the loop and pull tight. Remove from Bowmaker and tie a knot in the back. Tie the bow onto the wand and knot it. Use a pencil or pen to wrap the extra bow wire around to make a spiral. Repeat on the other side and pull to the front.
11. Glue on four mini icicles on the front of the wand. (optional)