What do you get the mom or grandmother who has pretty much everything? A hand made gift is a keepsake that she will wear for years to come. And if you make her bracelet that has the birthstone colors of all her children or grandchildren it is even more special. You can make it with any kind of beads although I prefer glass faceted ones. This is a wonderful kid’s project as well.
You will need:
· 14-gauge silver-plated wire (available at all craft stores)
· Needle nosed pliers
· Wire cutters
· Beads in the colors using the birthstone color chart for you birthstones
· Small spacers beads in silver
Colors for Birthstones
January – Garnet (deep red)
February – Amethyst (dark purple)
March – Aquamarine (Lt. blue)
April – Diamond (Clear glass)
May – Emerald (Green)
June – Pearl (pearl)
July – Ruby (Red)
August – Peridot (Olive green)
September – Sapphire (dark blue)
October – Opal/Pink tourmaline (pearlescent or pink)
November – Topaz (yellow)
December – Tanzanite (violet blue)
1. Using wire cutters cut a piece of wire so that it fits around your wrist twice. If your wire comes in a ring (Which many do) it is already the perfect shape for a bracelet. If not, bend it to a circle shape using a can or any tubular shaped item as a mold to create the round shape.
2. Using the needle nosed pliers curl one end of the wire. Start to add the beads on the uncurled end of wire. Thread two small spacer beads on the wire. The curled end will keep the beads from falling off as you work.
3. Next thread on your birthstone bead. Follow with two spacer beads and continue with as many birthstone colors as you desire with two spacer beads in between each one.
4. Curl the second end of the wire in the opposite direction as the first one.