Make these aquarium gravel earrings, then just sit back and enjoy the compliments! You can make an inexpensive jewelry gift this Christmas using unusual supplies. The results are super unique and definitely won’t break the bank!
Use clear dimensional glue and various colored aquarium gravel to make a pair of elegant aquarium gravel earrings in any color you desire. I used sterling silver jewelry findings readily available in the craft stores but you can substitute nickel free versions if you desire. Be ready for everyone to ooh and aah and be amazed at how you created them! Who says jewelry has to be ordinary? These aquarium gravel earrings are the perfect gift teens and that unique adult on your gift list.
Handmade gifts are always a hit since you are giving not only a personalized Christmas present, but are also gifting from the heart.
Aquarium gravel in any color or combination of colors you desire
Clear dimensional glue (I used dimensional magic)
Tacky craft glue
Small bottle cap bevels
Fish hook ear wires
Needle nosed pliers
1. First, gather all your supplies. Add a bit of tacky craft glue in the center of your bevel. Use tweezers to pick up and add the small colored gravel pieces in the glue and let it set for a few minutes.
2. Next, slowly add some of the dimensional glue on top of the glued gravel. Do not shake the dimensional glue so you don’t get any bubbles. Fill the bevel to the edges. Set aside to dry. (I like to give it at least 24 hours)
3. Now that your dimensional glue has dried, you will need to add the jewelry findings.
4. First using the needle nosed pliers, twist to open a jump ring. Add to the bevel. Then add another jump ring if necessary to assure that when the fish hook ear wires are added they are facing the correct direction.
5. Add the ear wires and close the jump ring with the same twisting motion.
6. That's it! Wasn't that super easy? You can purchase earring cards at the craft store for a professional look.