Have you seen the gift jars layered with ingredients for making brownies or cookies? Using the same concept and layering technique, why not fill the jar with a party? Fill the layers with various party themed ingredients. I like wrapped candy, balloons, and birthday candles or little bags of confetti. Key the layers in the party colors and you will be all set! It’s easy and so much fun to create. Anthropologie has a similar party jar but it costs about $30! You can make one for pennies.
You will need:
Small Mason jar
Sheer wired ribbon 4 ½” wide x 35” long
Bowdabra mini Bow maker with ruler
Bowdabra bow wire
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
For filling layer--balloons in color choice and sizes, wrapped candy kisses, mini candles, confetti or sequins, even small toys and prizes.
1. Gather your supplies. Cut an 18-inch piece of Bowdabra bow wire and fold in half and place in the Bow maker. You will have a loop at one end and two pieces of wire on the other.
2. Cut 35 inch long piece of 4 ½” wide sheer wired ribbon and insert directly in the Bow maker from the top. The ribbon piles up like an accordion. Scrunch the ribbon into the Bow maker until you reach the end.
3. Use the wand to push the ribbon down tightly.
4. Thread the two loose ends of the bow wire through the loop and pull tightly. Remove from the bow maker and tie tightly into a knot at the back.
5. Working on the front of the bow pull the loops up and adjust into a pom pom shape.
6. Use a hot glue gun and glue sticks to attach the pom pom bow on the top of the Mason jar lid. Let the glue dry and adjust the pom if necessary.
7. Fill the jar in layers with various colors. Balloons, candy, candles etc. You can make as many layers as you want in any combination.