Upcycle the leather or faux leather from on old handbag to make a cute Breast Cancer awareness wristlet! It’s so easy you will want to make more than one for gifts. You won’t need many supplies because lightweight leather cuts easily with just regular scissors. You can even use a paper punch to make the holes for snaps. I got snap setting kit, which included 20 snaps, and tools to put them on in the craft store for under $7!
· Lightweight leather or faux leather cut from an old handbag
· Small hole paper punch (If your leather is heavy you may need a leather punch tool)
· Lightweight Snap set (which includes snaps, setter, and anvil)
· T-square Ruler
· Disappearing marker
· Small paintbrush
· Pearl pink acrylic paint
· Tape measure
· Rubbing alcohol
1. Cut apart the handbag and get as many usable pieces as possible. Working on the back and using a disappearing marker, measure, mark, and cut a ¾” x 9” strip of leather. (Standard adult size) For smaller or larger sized wrists use a tape measure to get the correct length for your needs.
2. Add the snap closure. Measure and mark a dot ½ from the end of the strip. Use the paper hole punch to make a hole on both ends where you marked. Repeat on the opposite end. Follow the instructions on your snap kit to add the snaps.
3. Wipe down the right side of the leather wristlet with rubbing alcohol to remove any dirt or oils. Using the small paintbrush and some pink pearl acrylic paint begin making little pink loops on the right side of the wristlet (See photo)
4. You can vary the directions the pink ribbons are painted or make them all facing in one direction.