Don’t throw away those paint chip samples from your home painting projects. Recycle them to create these cute decorated hairpins for anyone, any time, any season!
You will need:
Pack of Hairpins with bezel
Clear dimensional glaze (I used Dimensional Magic by Mod Podge available in craft stores and online)
Various color paint chip samples
Tacky craft glue
Small paper punches in any motif
Piece of cardboard, a cereal box is great for this use.
Ruler, scissors, pencil
1. Measure the inside of the bezel and cut out a background color to fit. Trim if necessary. Dab a tiny bit of tacky glue on the inside of the bezel and place the background piece inside.
2. From another coordinating color paint chip sample, punch out a motif in a size that will fit inside the bezel.
3. Dab a tiny bit of glue in the bezel center and using the tweezers place the motif inside.
4. Attach the pins to a piece of thin cardboard so that they will remain level.
5. Do not shake the dimensional glaze, as it will cause bubbles to form. Fill each pin to the top edge. If any bubbles appear pop with a pin. The glaze will look cloudy but dries clear and shiny.
6. Place aside and let the pin dry for several hours till dry. Drying times will vary according to humidity and temperature, 24 hours drying time is best.