Feathers are everywhere this year. You can make this quick and easy ornament in a flash to hang on your tree or anywhere this Christmas. If you are really into bling you can even attach it to a barrette or pin it to your lapel.
You will need:
Tiny clothespin (available in craft stores)
Four peacock feathers
5 inches of 22 gauge wire
White colored pencil to mark on dark felt
Tacky craft glue
Scrap of red sparkle felt
Small two hole button
- Trim peacock feathers to a desirable size with scissors. Arrange the feathers in the butterfly shape. (See photo) Mark and cut two pieces of felt ¼” x 1 3/4”.
- Working on the backside attach the feathers one at a time with some tacky glue. Let dry and add one of the felt pieces with some more glue to cover the feathers. (Back side) Turn over.
- Cut a piece of wire 5 inches. Bend in the middle and use the pencil to curl both ends. (Antenna made) Add some tacky glue to the top of the pin and attach the antenna. Let dry. Add some more tacky glue down the length of the clothespin and attach the other piece of cut felt.
- When all the glue has dried, add a dab of tacky glue to the top of the pin and add a small button. Let dry.
- You may clip the butterfly with the clothespin to lapels and other surfaces, but to put it on the tree hang it with an ornament hanger from the antenna so it dangles freely.