Before you toss that sleeve from your convenience store coffee cup, why not up-cycle it into something to use and over again. Better yet, why not recycle it into something a little more seasonal. Using just a few supplies you can re-do that sleeve St. Patrick’s Day style.
You will need:
Paper corrugated coffee cup sleeve
St Patrick’s day seasonal felt shapes (available at any craft store)
Tacky craft glue
White colored pencil
Two clothespins (for holding the sleeve while the glue dries)
1. Before taking apart the sleeve make a line with a marker on the inside where the two ends meet. (This will help with reassembly) Note which side is on top.
2. Carefully take apart the sleeve and lay on top of a piece of green felt. Use the white colored pencil or any color that will show up to trace around the sleeve. Make sure you leave a ¼” extra on the side that will be glued to the top of the sleeve.
3. Cut out the felt piece. Add a generous amount of glue on the outside of the sleeve and attach the felt piece. Let dry.
4. Use some tacky glue to add the seasonal felt shapes to the felt making sure you do not place any on any fold lines. Let dry.
5. Use the inside guide line to reattach the sleeve with some tacky glue. Glue down the ¼” extra felt to cover the seam. Use two clothespins to hold the sleeve until it is completely dry.
Note: You can even add some seasonal St. Patty's Day ribbon to further decorate these sleeves!