I always decorate my foyer with a seasonal theme so I like to design things I can hang or just set on the entry table. This project is so easy you can make it in just a few minutes. Make one or make a bunch, you decide. You can even get the kids to help create the “love” theme print.
You will need:
Home computer and printer
Heavy corrugated cardboard scrap
Laser cut or regular wooden heart frame with hanger (available inexpensively at craft stores)
Mod Podge Shimmer decoupage glue (you may substitute regular decoupage glue if desired)
White pearl acrylic paint
Tacky craft glue
Wax paper to cover work surface
1. In any word processing program, set your font size at 36 pt. and the color red. You may want to make the words bold type. Type the word, “love”, enough times to fill up a page. Vary the fonts and styles. Use your home printer to print out the page on all-purpose computer paper. This will be your decoupage print.
2. Place your heart frame on top of a piece of heavy corrugated cardboard. Trace the inside dimension of the frame with pencil. Cut the heart out making sure you cut out ½” larger than the pencil markings. (See photo) Just follow the outline estimating about ½” bigger.
3. Protect your work surface by covering with a sheet of waxed paper or newspaper. Brush on a coat of white pearl acrylic paint on the front of your frame. Let dry. When it is dry apply another coat and let dry.
4. Place the corrugated cardboard heart on top of the computer print out and trace with a pencil around. Make sure that the words are horizontal. Cut out.
5. Brush some Shimmer ModPodge on the cardboard heart and immediately place the heart printout on top. Smooth with your fingers, then apply another coat of the Modpodge. Let dry.
6. Turn the wooden heart frame to the back and run a bead of tacky glue around the edge. Attach the decoupage heart onto the back and let dry.