Flower power shoes
Lately I’ve been seeing shoes that are all flowers and prints and they are selling for hundreds of dollars. I figured why not up-cycle an old pair of flats with a cool new look. All you need to do this is some Mod Podge decoupage glue (I used the exterior kind since I will be wearing them outside of course, but I think it would be fine to use the regular kind as well) and some flower print napkins.
You will need:
Pair of white shoes (I used white but other colors will work with equally wonderful results)
Napkins with flower prints (look for ones that you can cut the flowers out individually, party stores are a great source)
Mod Podge exterior decoupage glue
Small pointed scissors
1. Separate all layers of the napkin leaving only one top layer.
2. Use the small pointed scissors to cut out individual flowers to apply to the shoes. Cut more flowers out as you need them.
3. When you have cut out quite a few flowers, use the small paintbrush to apply some Mod Podge to the shoe, immediately apply a cut out napkin flower. Apply some more Mod Podge on top of the flower you just applied. Continue applying glue, flower and glue in a pleasing arrangement until you have covered the entire shoe. If there are any folds in the shoes use the paintbrush loaded with Mod Podge to tuck in them nicely.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for the other shoe. Let dry overnight.
5. Apply another coat of Mod Podge glue on top of both shoes and let dry at least 24 hours.
Note: Why not try this will heels as well!