Soon it will be time to have those fun fall parties and dinners. Place cards are a nice touch. You can pick up little 2 ½” x 3 ½” frames for very little money at dollar stores, department stores and thrift shops. Create little chalkboards and use them for place cards and more. Use various styles of mini frames to give it an eclectic look. And the best part is that your guest may take the frames home as a party favor too!
You will need:
· 2 ½” x 3 ½” frames with glass
· Spray chalkboard paint
· Mini autumn design felt stickers (Available in craft stores)
· Glue gun and glue sticks
· Paper towels
· Box for spray painting
1. Remove the glass from the mini frame. You will be making the glass into a chalkboard. (Yes you can spray chalkboard paint onto glass) I like to use a flat box to spray my glass. Wipe down the glass to remove any dirt or oils. Spray outside or in an area with plenty of ventilation. Spray one coat and let dry, then spray two more coats drying in between.
2. Meanwhile peel the backing off of the felt sticker and stick to another one lining up exactly, making it a two-sided motif. It also gives the felt a bit more body and thickness.
3. Using the glue gun attach a motif on two corners of the frame.
4. Rub a piece of chalk over the glass to condition it. Replace back in the frame (Make sure the chalkboard part is facing out) and use the chalk to write a name or whatever you wish.
Note: If you don't have glass in your frame you can still make these by using a piece of mat board cut to fit in the the frame and spraying the mat board with the blackboard paint.