Remember the post on how to make quick and easy stick man pins? Stick Man Chenille Pins Well, we’ve just added a cat to the mix. These pins are so quick you can easily make a whole bunch in no time at all. It’s fun to vary the chenille stems to match the colors of your cat. Chenille stems come in a myriad of colors and even prints!
You will need:
Chenille stems in desired colors
5mm wiggle eyes
Tiny brown pom-pom
Needle nosed pliers
Tacky craft glue
1-inch pin backs
Tiny bit of black sewing thread
1. Measure three lengths of chenille stems. Cut one stem 6 inches, one stem 5 inches, and one stem 4 inches. (You can vary the colors for a calico look or go all solid)
|From top...4-inch, 5-inch, 6-inch|
2. Line the stems up as follows: Lay the 6-inch stem lengthwise. Place the 5-inch stem above with 1 inch overlapping at the far right end. Lay the 4-inch stem above the 5-inch stem lining up the end on the left. (See photo)
3. Measure approx. 1 ½” from the shortest top two stems and grasping all three stems twist together.
4. Pull down the two short ends (Front legs) and pull up the longer end. (Head)
5. Starting at the twisted section braid the three stems together to measure one inch. (Body)
6. Pull down the two shorter ends and using the needle nosed pliers bend to form the feet. (Back Legs) and pull up the longer end and curl upwards. (Tail)
7. Going back to the longest end on the front begin curling till you have formed a circle. Working on top of the head, use the needle nosed pliers to pinch into a small point to form an ear, move to the other side and do the same. Ears made.
8. Glue two 5mm wiggle eyes. Cut 2 small pieces of black sewing thread and glue under the eyes. (Whiskers) Attach a tiny brown pom-pom on top of whiskers. Let dry.
9. Using the Tacky Glue attach a 1 inch pin back to the back body of the cat.