School days are nearing and after you get paper, pencils and binders you can pick up the extras. A magnetic locker mirror is nice to have, is inexpensive but is just sort of plain Jane. All you need is some Modpodge decoupage glue, recycled paint chip samples, and some dimensional sparkle paint to glam it up in style. I found a couple of styles of magnetic mirrors at the dollar store so this one would be a terrific group craft!
You will need:
Mod Podge decoupage glue and finish
Magnetic locker mirror
Paint chip samples in desired colors
Gold dimensional sparkle paint
Blue painter’s tape
1. Punch out several circles from the paint chip samples. Make sure you can place them all around the frame of the mirror spacing equally between circles.
2. Apply some painter’s tape all around the inner rim to protect the mirror while working.
3. Use the small paintbrush to apply a thin layer of decoupage glue onto the frame of the mirror. Work in small sections at a time. Begin attaching the circles on the frame. When you have completely covered the frame with circles, let dry.
4. Spread another layer of decoupage glue on top of the applied circles all around and let dry. Use in school, gym lockers and even on the fridge for touchups before you leave the house!
5. Use the dimensional sparkle paint to squeeze a dot in the center of each circle. Let dry.