Don’t toss that coffee sleeve you get at your local convenience store when you pick up a quick cup of Joe. Dress it up for fall and use it again and again. This is quick and easy upcycle that looks as good as it works keeping you from burning your fingers on a hot cup. And don’t you feel good about being greener?
You will need:
Paper corrugated coffee cup sleeve
Paper coffee cup, rinsed and dried
Beige embossed felt
Sparkle felt fall leaves
Tacky craft glue
Two clothespins (for holding the sleeve while the glue dries)
1. Before taking apart the sleeve make a line with a marker on the inside where the two ends meet. (This will help with reassembly) Make a note which side is on top.
2. Carefully take apart the sleeve and lay on top of a piece of beige embossed felt. Use the pencil to trace around the sleeve on the un-embossed side of the felt making sure that the embossed side will fit correctly on the outside of the sleeve. Add a ¼” extra felt on the end that will be glued to the top of the sleeve.
3. Cut out the felt piece. Add a generous amount of glue on the outside of the sleeve and attach the felt piece, leaving the extra ¼” unglued. Let dry.
4. Use some tacky glue to attach the leaf felt shapes evenly around the sleeve. Leave a equal space where the seam will be. You will place the last leave directly over the seam after you have re-attached the sleeve. Let dry completely.
5. Use the inside guide line to reattach the sleeve with some tacky glue. Glue down the ¼” extra felt to cover the seam. Attach the last felt leaf over the seam. Use two clothespins to hold the sleeve until it is completely dry.