Need a quick wreath to brighten up your holiday? This wreath can be made in just a few minutes with limited supplies. Inexpensive, quick, easy and patriotic, what’s not to like? Have a wonderful and fun filled Memorial Day!
You will need:
Grapevine or any wreath you would like to recycle
Red, white and blue grosgrain ribbon (Any size ribbon)
Card stock paper in red, white and blue
Glue gun and glue sticks
Screwdriver or pencil (to hold the pinwheel while the glue sets)
1. Wrap your wreath with your red, white and blue ribbon all around, attach with glue gun and glue sticks.
2. Make the pinwheels. Cut 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” sized red, white, and blue squares from cardstock paper.
3. Fold the paper diagonally, turn and fold the other direction. Open the square. Follow the fold lines to cut the square almost to the center. Repeat all around on all the lines. (See photo)
4. Flip each pointed tip to the center and attach with a dab of hot glue. Use the screwdriver or pencil to hold it down till the glue sets. Be careful when working with hot glue! Repeat around with each point. (See photo) Pinwheel made. Make three pinwheels from each color.
5. Attach a coordinating rhinestone or jewel in the center of each pinwheel.
6. Use the hot glue gun to attach the pinwheels all around the wreath.