Which stocking on you list is the hardest to fill? I bet it’s the man in your life. Men are just hard to buy for sometimes, and stocking stuffers are a real stumper. Oh you can buy some cologne or aftershave and maybe a razor or two but if you want to make something special for them, you come up empty. You can make this keepsake key ring in just a minute or two with just a few supplies. (I’m not kidding) Use a wine cork from a special occasion and this stocking stuffer becomes a memory as well! I bet you can’t do that with a razor!
Note: An added benefit is that this key ring will float!
You will need:
· Recycled wine cork
· Masculine type charm from the craft store
· Large jump ring (My charm had one already attached)
· Small screw in eye hooks
· Two flat beads
· Key ring (You can even get ones in fun colors)
· Needle nosed pliers
· Tacky craft glue
· Needle tool or small nail
1. Gather your supplies.
2. Spread a bit of tacky glue on the back of a flat bead and attach to the end of the wine cork. Repeat for the other side of the wine cork. Use a needle tool or small nail to make a hole right through the center of the cork end with the bead attached. Repeat on the opposite end.
3. Add some glue to the screw end of the eyehook and screw into the wine cork with the bead attached. It should screw in easily since you made a pilot hole. Repeat for the other side with another eyehook.
4. Let the glue dry for a few minutes. Use a needle nose pliers to open the jump ring by twisting rather than pulling apart and add to one end with an eyehook. Add a key ring to the eyehook on the other end.