Aren’t these 3-D gift bags adorable? Each year I order my Christmas cards from an online retailer. In the months leading up to the holiday they send packs of sample cards. They are not usable since they are just the cover of the cards and have writing on the back but I just can’t throw them out! So I use the images on the front of the cards to make cool 3-D gift bags!
All you need are some double-sided sticky dots and two card images that are the same. You won’t be able to stop making these little bags and it’s a great craft for kids to do as well. Plus you are upcycling something and putting it to good use!
Two Christmas card fronts with duplicate images
Small pointed scissors
Glue raised double sided sticky dots
1. Choose an image from the cards that you like. The images must be exactly the same for the 3-D effect to work. Carefully cut around your images. (You may use several images if you desire you just need two of each)
2. Use a glue stick to apply glue to the back of one of the images and attach it to the gift bag.
3. Next, apply the double-sided sticky dots onto the back of the second image. This will raise your image to give it a 3-D look.
4. Now align your second image exactly on top of the first image, remove the backing paper from the dots and attach to the second image. You bag now has a 3-D appearance. You may attach other smaller images around the first on if you choose to create scenes.
5. Fill the bag with small gifts, candies. This makes a great gift for teachers, mailmen, and many others.