It’s seems like whenever I get the urge to cut some flowers from my garden I can never find a small vase. Since the 4th of July is almost here I thought making a few of these and putting around the tables outside would be just the ticket. You can make this vase in flash and have the most fun ever with the Bowdabra Bowmaker!
You will need:
Empty water bottle
Bowdabra mini Bowmaker
Small amount of ¼” satin picot edged ribbon in red
Small amount of ¼” ribbon in white
Small amount of 1/8” satin ribbon in navy blue
1 ½” sheer red ribbon
Ruler, measuring tape
Fast tacking all-purpose glue for attaching the ribbon to the bottle (you may use a glue gun if you are careful)
Glue gun and glue sticks for attaching the bow
Red, white and blue pony beads
1. Remove the label and cut the top of the water bottle off evenly all around.
2. Starting ½” down from the top rim of the bottle, measure the circumference around and cut a piece of red ¼” ribbon to fit. Run a bead of glue all around and attach the red ribbon
3. Working towards the bottom of the bottle, leave a ¼” space from the red ribbon, measure the circumference, and cut a piece of white ¼” ribbon. Run a bead of glue around the bottle and attach the white ribbon.
4. Continuing towards the bottom of the bottle, leave ¼” space between the white ribbon. Run a bead of glue around the bottle and attach the blue ribbon.
5. Proceeding down the bottle, skip about 1 ½” attach a red, white, and blue ribbon like you did in the preceding steps.
6. Depending upon your particular brand of water bottle you will have approximately 2 ½” inches of clear bottle at the bottom. Add some red, white, and blue pony beads. (They are not too heavy but they do weigh the lightweight bottle down a bit)
7. Lay a 9” piece of red ribbon the long way into the Mini Bowdabra to be used to tie off your bow.
8. Using a 16” piece of sheer 1 ½” red ribbon slide it directly into the Mini Bowdabra from the top. The ribbon piles up like an accordion. Scrunch the ribbon until you reach the end. Use the Mini Bowdabra Wand to scrunch down the ribbon.
9. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, take the ends of the tie ribbon and tie it off. (Don’t knot it)
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Take the ends of the tie ribbon around to the back of the bow and tie a knot.
11. Arrange and fluff out the bow and bring the two long ends of the tie ribbon to the front.
12. Use a glue gun to attach the bow to the front of the vase.
14. Add water and flowers. You may have to push the pony beads down but they will stay on the bottom.