You can make this recycled dimensional floral magnet quickly and easily with a plastic top from a juice or iced tea container. Earth day is coming up on April 22 and recycling and reusing items that would ordinarily end up in a landfill is a big part of loving the earth. This magnet also uses bits and pieces of flowers and greenery you may have left over from other projects or an old arrangement. The best part it that this magnet is dimensional and s-oooo adorable.
Top from iced tea or juice container (The one I had was pink from an iced tea bottle although they also come in yellow, blue, etc.)
Mini flowers – plastic centers removed
Medium flower to fit in center with the plastic center intact
Magnet adhesive back sheet
Glue gun and glue sticks
1. Place the plastic top on the magnetic sheet and trace around with a pencil. Cut out to fit the top. Remove the paper backing from the sheet and attach to the drink top.
2. Choose 12 mini flowers to fit in the sections on the outside edges of the drink top. Remove any plastic center so it lays semi flat. Attach a glue dot on each flower and add to each section of the outside edges. (See photo)
3. Choose 6 mini leaves to fit on the inside partitions area of the top. Add some glue dots on the leaves and attach to each section. (See photo)
4. Choose a flower that will fit in the center section of the top. Cut the plastic center stem flat across so it will stand. Using a glue gun and glue sticks add an ample amount of glue and immediately stand the flower in the center of the glue. Hold till it sets. The flower will be slightly raised dimensionally.
5. Use to hold photos, memos and more on your fridge or any metal surface.