Celebrate Memorial Day and July Fourth with these adorable Patriotic tassel earrings. They are so easy to make you will want to make some for gifts as well. Great beginning craft or group project too
· Embroidery floss in red, white, and blue
· 20-gauge wire
· Wire cutters
· Heavy piece of cardboard
· Bead caps
· Needle nosed pliers
· Jump rings
· Fish hook ear wires
· E600 glue
1. Gather your supplies. Cut a piece of heavy cardboard 1 ¼” x 3.” Cut a piece of wire 3 inches long with wire cutters. Place the wire across the long side of the cardboard piece.
2. Working with the red floss, wrap around the cardboard 4 times. Repeat for the white and the blue floss.
3. Raise the wire evenly twist together to tighten all the floss together at the top. Use the needle nosed pliers to continue twisting all the way up the wire.
4. Remove the floss from the cardboard and cut the bottom apart. You will have a tassel. Repeat these steps for the second earring.
5. Add some glue to the inside of the bead cap and insert the wire from the tassel. Twist the wire down and insert back into the cap to make a loop at the top. Repeat for second earring. Let the glue dry before going on to the next step.
6. Use your needle nosed pliers to open a jump ring by twisting rather than pulling apart. Add a fishhook ear wire and twist the jump ring closed. Repeat for second earring.
That’s all there is to it. Wasn’t that easy? You will be getting complements on your Patriotic tassel earrings at all your summer functions and parties.