You can make this cute origami style paper heart pin pierced with Cupid’s arrow in no time for very little money. So why not make a bunch for all your friends and family?
Folded paper heart pin with arrow
You will need:
Scrapbook paper in choice of color
Small square wood picks
Two triangle rhinestones in choice of color for each pin
Tacky craft glue (I used Aleene’s thick tacky glue)
Bone folder (optional)
Note: When folding go over each fold to make a sharp crease with your finger or a bone folder if you have one.
1. Put a dab of tacky glue on each end of the wood pick and attach a triangle rhinestone at each end pointing in the same direction. Let dry.
2. Fold two paper hearts. Cut two pieces of scrapbook paper 1 ½” x 3 ½.”
3. Fold in half lengthwise. Open and fold the other way making sure you have a sharp crease.
4. Open and fold the bottom edge up to the middle crease line.
5. Fold up the paper to the center crease, (See photo) and repeat on other side.
6. Turn over. Fold over right edge to meet the other colored edge. Repeat on other side. (See photo)
7. Fold in the top two corners of top right side to make a rounded edge. (see photo) Repeat on other side. Turn over. This is the front of the heart.
8. Repeat steps 3 -7 to make another heart.
9. Spread a diagonal line of glue on the back of one heart and attach the wood pick with the rhinestones. (arrow) Spread some more glue all around and place the other heart on top with the right side facing out. Use some clothespins to hold the hearts together while the glue dries.
10. When everything has dried glue on a pin back and let dry completely.