A crackle finish on a painted box is a snap and if you use some Valentine conversation hearts in a shadow box, it just pops! Get it?
You will need:
Mini wood box with shadow box top. (I found mine at Michaels Craft store for $1.00
Red, pink, and gold acrylic paint
Acrylic gloss varnish
Conversation heart candy
1. Tape the glass on the top of the box to protect it from the paint.
2. Paint the inside of the box and the backing piece for the shadow box with gold acrylic paint. Paint the sides and top of the box with red acrylic paint. Let dry.
3. Brush on some crackle medium on the sides and top of the box over the dried red paint. Let dry for a few minutes until it is tacky.
4. Paint some pink paint on the top and sides of the box. The paint will start to crackle and the bottom red layer will show through. Let dry completely. Note: A thinner layer of paint will produce thin cracks and a thick layer will create thick ones.
5. Seal the box with a layer of gloss varnish.
6. Center a conversation heart candy on the gold painted backing piece and attach with tacky glue. Let the glue dry.
Hint: When painting the final layer of paint on top of the crackle medium, do not over brush or you cracks will disappear.
Check out my other projects and hundreds more at Fave Crafts!